September 05, 2004

Be stopped

Do not visit Coffee Club, Orchard fountain corner (that's what was printed on the menu, the new 24Hr CC just in front of California Fitness Centre, Orchard Road) if you do not want to be severely disappointed by the low standard of service and comparatively low standard of food and beverage that in my view, has never been associated with CC till now.

Twice in a week, I was there, 2nd time quite involuntarily. Service leaves much to be desired, cept for the host of the queue, who did an excellent job in admitting us as promptly as she could and chatting up people who were still in the queue.

I didn't mean to be picky but the time that I was there, I could see and hear displeasure at the service standard:
1. the couple in my 2 o'clock direction had long finished their dessert before their drinks were served.
2. The couple sitting right behind Wenn... the gentleman was served the wrong beverage or something, after waiting for a long time. He looked amused when he had to get the waitress to change it. Waitress came back after some time with the ostensibly right drink. I saw him took a sip and then grimaced like he just drank cat's urine, shook his head. When they left, the drink was still full.
3. The couple sitting beside our table had their dessert served before their main course. They sensibly told the staff to take the tiramisu back. The poor tiramisu must have felt so rejected, but that was no fault of the customers.
4. The group of girls sitting behind obviously were getting quite impatient, if not pissed, cos I heard them tell the waitress that 'This is the 3rd time we are asking for our bill'.

How bad is bad when it comes to customer service? CC, Orchard Fountain Corner really need to put their act together fast. Cos even someone who enjoys their Iced Passion as much as me will find it hard to compromise on service.

Between now and then, I'd still head for CC, Millenia Walk for the perfect combi of service, quality of FnB and ambience.

Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 03:08